Contact us - postal address
P.O. Box 8690
Phone: +255 27 2753986/7
How to find us - directions
Moshi is a Tanzanian town with a population of approximately 150,000 in the Kilimanjaro Region. The town is situated on the lower slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa. The Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO), located 40 kms east/southeast of Arusha and 30 kms west/southwest of Moshi, is an international airport and serviced by major international airlines such as KLM and Ethiopian Airlines as well as regional airlines such as Precision Air. The airport shuttle bus from Kilimanjaro International Airport to Moshi costs approximately 10 USD and a taxi approximately 50 USD. The trip from the airport to TATCOT lasts about 1 hour.
Visa Information for Tanzania
Most nationalities can get a visa valid for 3 months on arrival at the border for a fee of US$50.
Nationals of the following countries do not need a visa: Antigua & Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Brunei, Cyprus, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malaysia, Malawi, Malta, Maldives, Mauritius, Namibia, Nauru, Sao Tome & Principe Island, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Seychelles, Singapore, Solomon Island, Swaziland, Tuvalu, Tonga, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia, Zimbabwe.The following nationalities cannot get a visa on arrival: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Gambia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Mali, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sri Lanka, Somalia , Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey and Yemen.
It is possible to obtain a visa on arrival at one of the following four point of entries in Tanzania. These are:
- Dar-es-Salaam International Airport
- Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Zanzibar International Airport
- Namanga border crossing point between Tanzania and Kenya
We recommend that you try to obtain a visa prior to arrival.
Rules and regulations can change without warning, the above information may be out of date. For the latest visa regulations please contact the nearest Tanzanian embassy or consulate in your country.
Vaccinations for Tanzania - requirements and recommendations
All travellers should visit either their personal physician or a travel health clinic 4-8 weeks before departure.
Malaria: Prophylaxis with Lariam, Malarone, or Doxycycline is recommended for all areas at altitudes less than 1800 m.
Polio: One-time booster recommended for any adult traveler who completed the childhood series but never had polio vaccine as an adult
Yellow fever: Recommended for all travellers. Required for travellers arriving from a yellow-fever-infected country in Africa or the Americas
Typhoid: Recommended for all travellers
Hepatitis A: Recommended for all travellers
Hepatitis B: Recommended for all travellers
Rabies: For travellers spending a lot of time outdoors, or at high risk for animal bites, or involved in any activities that might bring them into direct contact with bats
Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR): Two doses recommended for all travellers born after 1956, if not previously given
Tetanus-diphtheria: Revaccination recommended every 10 years
Rules and regulations can change without warning, the above information may be out of date. For the latest vaccination requirements and recommendations please contact the nearest Tanzanian embassy or consulate in your country.
Accommodation - hotel information
A variety of accommodation options can be found in Moshi. The following list is a selection and not complete:
- Kilimanjaro Crane Hotel, P.O. Box 1496, Station Road /Kaunda Street, Moshi, Tanzania, Telephone: +255 2753037, Fax: +255 2754876, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Parkview Inn, P.O. Box 373, Moshi, Tanzania, Telephone: +255 2750711, Fax: +255 272750677, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Uhuru Hotel, P.O. Box 1320, Moshi, Tanzania, Telephone: +255 2727 54512, Fax: +255 2727 53518, Mobile +255 753 037216, E-mail: email@example.com
- The Impala Hotel, Moshi/Old Moshi Rd, P.O. Box 7302, Moshi, Tanzania, Tel: +255 2753443, Fax: +255 2753440, Mobile +255 754678678, +255 754008448, +255 784550010/11, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Buffalo Hotel, Tel: +255 27 2751754
- Kilemakyaro Lodge, P. O. Box 6611, Moshi, Tanzania, Tel: +255 2754949, Fax: +255 2754929, E-mail: ismail@firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Sal Salinero Hotel, Tel: +255 2752240, Fax: +255 2751095, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotel Newcastle, Tel: +255 553203
- Bristol Cottages Kilimanjaro, 98 A Rindi Lane, P.O Box 7304, Moshi, Tanzania, Tel: (+255) 27 2755083, Fax: (+255) 27 2753745, E-mail: email@example.com
- Keys Hotel, P.O Box 933, Moshi, Tanzania, Tel: (+255) 7860099470, Fax: (+255) 27 2750073, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zebra Hotel, Tel: +255 2750207, E-mail: email@example.com
- Horombo Lodge, Tel: +255 2750134
- Capricorn Hotel, Kilimanjaro, Marangu Base, Mount Kilimanjaro, Marangu, Tanzania, Tel: +255 272751309
- Protea Hotel Aisha Machame, P.O Box 534, Moshi, Tanzania, Tel: (+255) 27 2756941/8, Fax: (+255) 27 275 6821, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nakara Hotel, P.O. Box 105, Marangu
- Marangu Hotel, P.O. Box 40, Marangu
Further information about accomodation in Moshi can be found on Wikitravel.